– Ken Kroeker, Co-Founder, Lawson Kroeker Investment Management
This quote from Ken Kroeker, co-founder of Lawson Kroeker Investment Management, represents so much of what the firm is about: thoughtful, client-centered investing that is consistent and process-based.
When you read the headlines, you may be led to believe that you’ve got to act, and act right now. You might miss an opportunity or lose a lot of money, according to the papers.
Those headlines are written to grab your attention, but you can be sure that they are not turning heads at Lawson Kroeker. We are each committed to an approach to investing that pointedly ignores the drama of Wall Street in favor of process-based investing.
When Lawson Kroeker chooses an investment, it is not because they saw it in the news, it’s because they’ve done careful research to determine whether it might be right for your plans. Take a look at the steps Lawson Kroeker has been using for more than 30 years to choose ideal opportunities:
Identify: We select companies that demonstrate competitive advantages, and tend to be underfollowed, undervalued and underappreciated.
Analyze: We then spend time examining each individual company with an in-depth and rigorous evaluation.
Confirm: The investment team collaborates to accept or reject investment ideas after all concerns have been addressed.
Implement: This is the final selection of companies that the Lawson Kroeker team believes will offer the best possible return for the risk taken.
This is the process that Lawson Kroeker follows as a way to equip clients to grow and protect wealth over time, but you may be wondering what your own strategy should be for a successful investment strategy. Think about the following steps:
- Create a plan, working with Lawson Kroeker to identify your goals and assess your current position compared to what you hope to accomplish.
- Begin investing, based on your age, goals and risk profile.
- Stick with your plan. This may be one of the hardest steps, but it is the most important and successful if you can learn to ignore the headlines and focus on consistency.
- Talk with us when concerns and questions arise. This will help you stay on track and keep your confidence boosted when markets take their natural shifts.
Other investment firms may see things differently – but based on the processes you see above – if you think Lawson Kroeker might be a fit for you, contact us and let’s get started.